Monday, March 29, 2010

So this fucking guy sneaks up on me at a light

Didn't make a sound and I think he was trying to split lanes on me , but got next to me just as the light changed so I didn't see him till I was 1/2 way through the intersection . He backed off pretty quick and way out in front of him by the time he got around me on the other side . I was in my F-150 which is pretty roomy and usually I can see bikes trying to take me like that on the inside & I always give them the shot . . . but this thing didn't make a sound and almost startled me when I saw him there emerging out of my blind spot .

I like the idea of new technology and making weird new stuff work , but this was the first time I experienced one of these guys on the road , and the lack of any engine noise or sound at all was a little weird . Made the whole " loud pipes saves lives " argument sort of make more sense .

It made me realize how important the noise a bike makes is t o how well you notice it when you can't see it . It was zippy enough and kept up with traffic , but man , quiet as a whisper .

No comments: