Friday, September 21, 2012

Saturday 29th of September , we're having a fancy art show at Avalon Tattoo II

That's the tattoo shop I work at down here in San Diego . It's going to be our 15th anniversary party and we're all doing some art for the show , as well as inviting tattooers from around the world to show some work too . Here's what I came up with , she's called a Fiji Mermaid .

Back in ye olden tymes they used to take the top 1/2 of a monkey carcass and attach it to the bottom of a fish carcass and drag it around in old timey county fairs & carnivals & stuff , and say it was a mermaid , from Fiji no less coz that sounded exotic and fancy . This is my interpretation of the famous cryptozooalogical monstrosity . I need to get it framed up and do some work on the background & all that , but here's a sneak peek for my bloggy homies . . .



2 comments:

Juliana said...

Good job Mike & kudos to Avalon! An amazing tattoo shop! I have been under the needle several times there and each experience has been great! ;-)

Rik no Blog said...

Doideira!