Monday, March 17, 2008

Changed the bars and made some struts for the windscreen

Got it running , it took a few hours on saturday to take the carbs apart and rebuild them . I had to hand cut the float bowl gaskets because the ones on the bike disintegrated on the spot , as soon as we took t he bowls off . Anyhow , once it started up and I took it around the block a few times , I realized that the fairing needed struts to keep it from flapping around like a set of wings , and that the back tire would only hold air for about 20 minutes at a time . No biggie , I still need to get it registered  and rebuild the front calipers before I can actually drive it . 

Here's how the struts turned out . 

No comments: